Khalid Shirzad, M.D.
- Office: Downtown Spokane Clinic
- Fax: 509-624-9179
- Office: The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Fax: 509-624-9179
Dr. Shirzad is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who is fellowship-trained in foot and ankle surgery. His interests include the treatment of foot and ankle arthritis, sports medicine, foot and ankle arthroscopic surgery, lower extremity reconstruction, deformity correction, total ankle replacement, trauma and fractures, bunions, flatfoot reconstruction, cartilage replacement, and Achilles tendon disorders. Dr. Shirzad began practicing with Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in 2010.
After completing a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry at Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington, Dr. Shirzad went on to earn his medical degree from Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha, Nebraska. After completing medical school, he underwent his surgery internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, Oregon. Following his residency program, Dr. Shirzad completed his foot and ankle fellowship at Duke University School of Medicine in Durham, North Carolina.
Dr. Shirzad is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients for ankle, foot, or trauma-related conditions, Dr. Shirzad enjoys a wide variety of sports, including basketball and golf, but he especially enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.
Dr. Shirzad serves as a team doctor for Gonzaga University and Eastern Washington University.
Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA, 1999
Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE, 2004
Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2004 - 2005
Orthopaedic Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2005 - 2009
Foot and Ankle, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, 2009 - 2010
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2012
- Gonzaga University
- Eastern Washington University
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Washington State Orthopaedic Association
- Washington State Medical Association
- Spokane County Medical Society
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital
- MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Providence Holy Family Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Foot & Ankle Trauma/Fractures
- Foot & Ankle Sports Disorders
- Foot & Ankle Arthritis
- Foot & Ankle Joint Replacement
- Foot & Ankle Arthroscopy
- Hallux Valgus/Bunion Treatment
- Achilles Tendon Disorders
- Complex Foot & Ankle Reconstruction
- General Orthopaedics