Elizabeth Wahl, M.D.
Dr. Elizabeth Wahl is an orthopaedic surgeon, fellowship trained in Orthopaedic Hand and Microsurgery. She specializes in hand and upper extremity orthopedics. Her interests include the treatment of hand, wrist, and elbow disorders and injuries, arthritis, tendon injuries, and nerve disorders. Dr. Wahl began practicing with Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in 2022.
After completing her Bachelor of Arts degree in Mathematics at Hamilton College in Clinton, New York, Dr. Wahl went on to obtain her medical degree from the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle, Washington. She then completed her residency training in orthopedic surgery at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina. Following her residency, Dr. Wahl completed an Orthopaedic Hand and Microsurgery Fellowship at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri.
Outside of her work, Dr. Wahl enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband at the lakes and in the mountains. She enjoys skiing, running, cooking and spoiling the family dog.
Hamilton College, Clinton, NY 2006-2010
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 2012-2016
Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 2016-2021
Orthopaedic Hand and Microsurgery, Washington University, St. Louis, MO 2021-2022
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital
- MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- Providence Holy Family Hospital
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Hand, Wrist and Elbow Disorders
- Tendon Injuries
- Nerve Disorders
- Sports Injuries of the Hand, Wrist and Elbow
- Traumatic Injuries of the Hand, Wrist and Elbow
- Guerrero EM, Ferlauto HR, Grier AJ, Wahl EP, Richard MJ, Ruch DS. Suspensionplasty for Revision Thumb Carpometacarpal Osteoarthritis Surgery: Comparing Suture Button Suspensionplasty to Ligament Reconstruction and Tendon Interposition. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2022 Sep 1;150(3):601-605. doi: 10.1097/PRS.0000000000009408. PMID: 35791263.
- Saltzman EB, Wahl EP, Fletcher AN, Mithani SK, Klifto CS. A reliability study of multi-view radiographs for the evaluation of SNAC wrist arthritis. HAND. 2022 May;17(3):465-470. DOI:10.1177/1558944720937359. PMID: 32674623.
- Wahl EP, Lauder AS, Pidgeon TS, Guerrero EM, Ruch DS, Richard MJ. Dorsal Wrist Spanning Plate Fixation for Treatment of Radiocarpal Fracture-Dislocations. HAND. 2021 Nov,16(6):834-842. DOI 10.1177/1558944719893068. PMID: 31847582.
- Wahl EP, Huber J, Richard MJ, Mithani SK, Pidgeon TS. How Much Should Hand Surgery Cost? The Patient Perspective. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2021 Nov 17; 103(22):2133-2140. Nov 17, 2021. DOI:10.2106/JBJS.20.02195. PMID: 34424868.
- Wahl EP, Casey PM, Risoli TJ, Green CL, Richard MJ, Ruch DS. Heterotopic Ossification Formation after Fractures About the Elbow. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2021 Aug;31(6):1061-1067. DOI:10.1007/s00590-020-02855-4. PMID: 33389077.
- Wahl EP, Lauder AS, Pidgeon TS, Guerrero EM, Ruch DS, Richard MJ. Dorsal Wrist Spanning Plate Fixation for Treatment of Radiocarpal Fracture-Dislocations. HAND. 2021 Nov;16(6):834-842. DOI 10.1177/1558944719893068. PMID: 31847582.
- Wahl EP, Pidgeon TS, Richard MJ. Little League Baseball Pitch Counts Vastly Underestimate High-Effort Throws throughout a Season. J Pediatr Orthop. 2020 Aug;40 (7):e609-615. DOI: 10.1097/BPO.0000000000001520. PMID: 32040065.
- Wahl EP, Richard MJ. Management of Metacarpal and Phalangeal Fractures in the Athlete. Clin Sports Med. 2020 Apr;39(2):401-4022. Doi:10.1016/j.csm.2019.12.002. PMID: 32115091.
- Wahl EP, Lampley AJ, Chen A, Adams SB, Nettles DL, Richard MJ. Inflammatory Cytokines and Matrix Metalloproteinases in the Synovial Fluid After Intraarticular Elbow Fractures. J Shoulder Elbow Surgery. 2020 Apr;29(4):736-742 DOI: 10.1016/j.jse.2019.09.024. PMID: 31784384.
- Wahl EP, Garrigues GE. Shoulder Arthroplasty Infection Diagnosis: New Tests on the Horizon. Orthopedics. 2020;43(2):76-82. DOI:10.3928/01477447-20191212-01. PMID: 31841608.
- Wahl EP, Coughlin RP, Mickelson DT, Green CT, Garrigues GE. How Arthroscope Orientation Effects Performance: Arthroscopy in Perspective of Viewer and Arthroscopy Opposite of Viewer. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2019;101(4):e14. DOI10.2016/JBJS.17.01426. PMID: 30801382.