A. Kirk Reichard, M.D.
- Office: Downtown Spokane Clinic
- Fax: 509-624-9179
- Office: The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Fax: 509-624-9179
Dr. A. Kirk Reichard is a highly skilled, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon, specializing in complex hip and knee joint replacement and revision. Having undergone specific training in his particular subspecialty, Dr. Reichard has a particular aptitude for the anterior approach to total hip replacement, hip revision, partial knee replacement, and knee replacement surgery. In addition, he is a preferred surgeon to perform complex joint reconstruction and revision surgeries, which include joint arthritis and inflammatory conditions, degenerative issues, failed joint surgery, infected joints, and avascular necrosis (blood-flow problem) of hip and knee joints.
After excelling in the Harvard University Health Careers Program, Dr. Reichard earned his Doctorate of Medicine from the University of Louisville School of Medicine in 2005. He completed his internship and spent five years of orthopaedic residency at the Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis. Following his residency, Dr. Reichard was accepted to the Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute in Alexandria, Virginia, where he dedicated one year, focused exclusively on hip and knee total joint replacement surgery, complex revisions, preoperative pain management and care, bearing surfaces, surgical approaches, and infection of these replacements.
Dr. Reichard was awarded the JBJS Resident Journal Club Grant during his residency and is a two-time winner of the Riley Children's Hospital Red Shoe Award, which honors outstanding accomplishment in patient-centered care. It is this earnest training and dedication, along with his many honors and distinctions that has made Dr. Reichard a premier hip and knee surgeon in Spokane and the Pacific Northwest.
When he's not relieving patients from complex hip and knee injuries and conditions, Dr. Reichard is an avid outdoor athlete who enjoys snowboarding, hiking, and surfing as well as spending time with his wife, Julie, and daughters, Grace and Emma.
University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, CO, 1996
Health Careers Program, Harvard University Extension School, Cambridge, MA, 2000
University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY, 2005
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, 2005 - 2006
Orthopaedics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, 2006 - 2010
Total Joint Replacement, Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute, Alexandria, VA, 2010 - 2011
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Washington State Medical Association
- Washington State Orthopaedic Association
- Spokane County Medical Society
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital
- MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Total Joint Replacement
- Adult Reconstruction
- General Orthopaedics
Awards & Appointments
- Deaconess Hospital Physician of the Quarter, 2013
- Deaconess Hospital Physician of the Year, 2013
- Physician Hero Award, 2013 (regarding the on-scene amputation of Purina employee's leg, which was stuck in an auger)
- Journal of Arthroplasty Reviewer, 2015 - Present
- "Radiographic identification of total hip stems: How good are we?"; submitted for publication
- "Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion for Low Back Pain." 2008
- "External Fixation of Tibial Plateau Fractures: A retrospective evaluation and case review." 2004