Tycho E. Kersten, M.D.
Dr. Kersten is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in elbow, knee, shoulder, sports medicine, and trauma and fracture care. He also specializes in arthroscopy, joint reconstruction, rotator cuff repair, and tennis elbow, among many other procedures. Dr. Kersten began practicing at Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in 2001.
After completing his undergraduate degree at Amherst College in Amherst, Massachusetts, Dr. Kersten went on to receive his medical degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis. Following medical school, he stayed in Minnesota and enrolled at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester to complete his orthopaedic surgery residency. Upon finishing his residency, Dr. Kersten underwent a sports medicine fellowship at Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, California.
Dr. Kersten is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients for elbow, knee, shoulder, sports medicine, or trauma-related injuries, Dr. Kersten is spending time with his family, biking, golfing, and sailing. He also enjoys camping, canoeing, and reading a good book.
Dr. Kersten serves as a team doctor for Whitworth University and Lewis and Clark High School.
Amherst College, Amherst, MA, 1991
University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, 1995
Orthopaedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 1995 - 2000
Sports Medicine, Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic, Los Angeles, CA, 2000 - 2001
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2003
- Sports Medicine Subspecialty Certification
- Whitworth University
- Lewis and Clark High School
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Spokane County Medical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Sports Orthopedics, Fellowship-Trained
- Shoulder, Elbow, and Knee Arthroscopy
- Adult Joint Reconstruction
- General Orthopedics
- Alpha Omega Alpha, University of Minnesota Medical School