Tycho E. Kersten, M.D.
Dr. Kersten is a Sports Medicine Fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon. He specializes in shoulder, knee, and elbow arthroscopy. He is double board certified in both Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics. Dr. Kersten began practicing at Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in 2001.
After completing his undergraduate degree at Amherst College in Amherst, Massachusetts, Dr. Kersten went on to receive his medical degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis. There, he was honored by being elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (AΩA) in his junior year, an honor given to the top 5% of the Medical School class. Following medical school, he stayed in Minnesota and enrolled at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester to complete his orthopaedic surgery residency. Upon finishing his residency, Dr. Kersten underwent a Sports Medicine Fellowship at the prestigious Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, California.
Dr. Kersten is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and holds a Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine as well.
When he is not seeing patients for elbow, knee, shoulder, or sports medicine related injuries, Dr. Kersten is spending time with his family, biking, golfing, and sailing. He also enjoys camping, canoeing, and reading a good book.
Dr. Kersten serves as a team doctor for Whitworth University and Lewis and Clark High School.
Amherst College, Amherst, MA, 1991
University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, 1995
Orthopaedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 1995 - 2000
Sports Medicine, Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic, Los Angeles, CA, 2000 - 2001
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2003
- Sports Medicine Subspecialty Certification
- Whitworth University
- Lewis and Clark High School
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Spokane County Medical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Sports Orthopedics, Fellowship-Trained
- Shoulder, Elbow, and Knee Arthroscopy
- Adult Joint Reconstruction
- General Orthopedics
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (AΩA), Junior Year, University of Minnesota Medical School