Timothy W. Powers, M.D.
Dr. Powers is an orthopaedic surgeon, fellowship-trained in spine surgery. He specializes in treating adult spine conditions, including those of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. Dr. Powers began practicing at Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in 2009.
After completing his Bachelor of Arts in Biology at Albion College in Albion, Michigan, Dr. Powers went on to receive his medical degree at the University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville, Virginia. After medical school, he underwent both an orthopaedic surgery internship and residency at Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Dr. Powers then enrolled at OrthoCarolina in Charlotte, North Carolina, where he completed his spine surgery fellowship.
Dr. Powers is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When he's not seeing patients for back, neck, spine, or trauma-related injuries, Dr. Powers enjoys a variety of outdoor sports, such as hunting, fly-fishing, and camping. He also likes to run and participate in triathlons.
Albion College, Albion, MI, 1995
University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA, 2000
Orthopaedic Surgery, Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners, Grand Rapids, MI, 2000 - 2001
Orthopaedic Surgery, Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners, Grand Rapids, MI, 2001 - 2005
Spine Surgery, OrthoCarolina, Charlotte, NC, 2005 - 2006
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2008
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Spokane County Medical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- East Adams Rural Hospital
- Lincoln County Hospital
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital
- MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Providence Holy Family Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Adult Spine Surgery
- OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion)
- DLIF (Direct Lateral Interbody Fusion)
- MIDLIF (Midline Lumbar Interbody Fusion)
- Artificial Cervical Disc Replacement (Medtronic Bryan, LDR Mobi-C, Nuvasive PCM, Synthes ProDisk-C)
- General Orthopaedics
- "Incidence of Occult Spinal Fracture in Alert Trauma", 1999; Dr. Jeff Young, University of Virginia
- "Usefulness of Routine Radiographs of the Wrist"; Grand Rapids, MI
- "Two Level Testing of Intradiscal Pressures at Adjacent Segments in the Cervical Spine", 2006; Dr. Eric Laxer, OrthoCarolina
- "Initial Results of a New Pedicle Screw Locking Cap System", 2006; Dr. Eric Laxer, OrthoCarolina