Michael H. Kody, M.D.
Dr. Kody is fellowship-trained in sports medicine and he performed a research fellowship in joint replacement surgery. He specializes in knee and shoulder surgery specifically knee ligament reconstruction, cartilage preservation, arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs and arthroscopic shoulder stabilization surgery. He also specializes in knee replacement surgery and uses numerous techniques to get the best results possible in every situation. He believes in minimally invasive techniques and uses all of the latest technology for patients advantage.
After completing his undergraduate degree at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia, Dr. Kody went on to obtain his medical degree from the University of Virginia School of Medicine. He then underwent a surgery internship at the University of California, Los Angeles. Upon finishing his internship, Dr. Kody completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA in Los Angeles, California. Following his residency, he stayed in Los Angeles and underwent two fellowships: one in joint replacement surgery and the other in orthopaedic surgery. He then enrolled at TOSH - The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital in Murray, Utah, where he completed a sports medicine fellowship.
Dr. Kody is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients for joint, knee, shoulder, sports medicine, or trauma-related injuries, he serves on a research board to further orthopedic care in our aread. In his free time, Dr. Kody enjoys many outdoor activities.
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 1980
University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA, 1984
Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 1984 - 1985
Orthopaedic Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, 1985 - 1986
- Joint Replacement, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 1986 - 1987
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 1987 - 1990
- Sports Medicine, TOSH - The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital, Murray, UT, 1990 - 1991
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1993
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Spokane County Medical Society
- Spokane Surgical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital
- MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Sports Orthopaedics, Fellowship-Trained
- Shoulder & Knee Arthroscopy
- Adult Joint Reconstruction
- General Orthopaedics