Paul C. Horn, M.D.
Dr. Horn is an orthopaedic surgeon, fellowship-trained in hand and wrist surgery. He specializes in joint, tendon, and nerve problems of the hand and wrist. He also offers endoscopic carpal tunnel release. He has been practicing at Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists since 1998.
After completing his Bachelor of Science degree in Biology at the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington, Dr. Horn went on to complete his medical degree at the University of Washington School of Medicine. Following medical school, he underwent his surgery internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York. Upon completing his residency, Dr. Horn enrolled at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he went on to complete his hand and upper extremity fellowship.
Dr. Horn is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has a certificate of added qualification in hand surgery.
When he is not seeing patients for elbow, hand, wrist, or trauma-related injuries, Dr. Horn is spending time with his family, woodworking, and skiing.
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1988
University of Washington Medicine, Seattle, WA, 1992
Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, 1992–1993
Orthopaedic Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, 1993–1997
Hand & Upper Extremity, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, 1997 - 1998
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2000
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery, 2004
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Spokane County Medical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Providence Holy Family Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Horn P. “The Long Ulnar Sliding Osteotomy.” Journal of Hand Surg, 2005; 29A:871-876.
- Horn P.C., Webster D.A., Amin H.M., Mascia M.F., Werner F.W., Fortino M.D., "The Effect of Hyperbaric Oxygen on Medial Collateral Ligament Healing in a Rat Model." Clin Orthop 1999 Mar; (360):238-42.
- Buterbaugh G.A., Brown T.R., Horn P.C., "Ulnar-Sided Wrist Pain in Athletes." Clin Sports Med, 1998 Jul; 17(3):567-83
- Horn, P. "Prosthetic History, Prosthetic Charges, and Functional Outcome of the Isolated Below-Knee Amputee." Journal of Trauma, 1995; 38:44-47
“A great experience. Appointments were always quick and on time. A very professional office but with a friendly atmosphere that makes the experience rewarding. Surgery went great with timely follow up. I did not meet anyone who was negative, a totally positive experience and I would recommend Dr. Horn to anyone who has a hand problem.” — Patricia S.
“Dr. Horn and his staff are truly wonderful people. I would gladly refer them to all of my family and friends.” — James B.
“Dr. Horn was amazing. He performed two surgeries on both of my hands. One for what he informed me is called a gamekeepers' thumb," which required two pins to be put in my thumb. Shortly after that, I hurt my other hand where I had a ripped tendon in my other thumb. It was a crazy few months but Dr. Horn was very informative and helpful with answering all of my (many) questions and concerns. I have made a perfect recovery and would recommend him to anyone in need of services for which he is qualified!” — Jennifer L.
“Dr. Horn was great. He was courteous and professional and answered all of my questions.” — Robert G.
“Dr. Horn was polite, pleasant and very informative in my visit as a patient. He described the nature of my problem in an understandable manner and the expected outcome of treatment if I chose to do so. In my opinion, he is first class!” — Alfred D.