Paul C. Horn, M.D.
Dr. Horn is an orthopedic surgeon, fellowship-trained in hand and wrist surgery. He specializes in joint, tendon, and nerve problems of the hand and wrist. He also offers endoscopic carpal tunnel release. He has been practicing at Northwest Orthopedic Specialists since 1998.
After completing his Bachelor of Science degree in Biology at the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington, Dr. Horn went on to complete his medical degree at the University of Washington School of Medicine. Following medical school, he underwent his surgery internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York. Upon completing his residency, Dr. Horn enrolled at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he went on to complete his hand and upper extremity fellowship.
Dr. Horn is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has a certificate of added qualification in hand surgery.
When he is not seeing patients for elbow, hand, wrist, or trauma-related injuries, Dr. Horn is spending time with his family, woodworking, and skiing.
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1988
University of Washington Medicine, Seattle, WA, 1992
Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, 1992 - 1993
Orthopedic Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, 1993 - 1997
Hand & Upper Extremity, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, 1997 - 1998
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2000
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery, 2004
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Spokane County Medical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Providence Holy Family Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Hand & Wrist Disorders
- Horn P. “The Long Ulnar Sliding Osteotomy.” Journal of Hand Surg, 2005; 29A:871-876.
- Horn P.C., Webster D.A., Amin H.M., Mascia M.F., Werner F.W., Fortino M.D., "The Effect of Hyperbaric Oxygen on Medial Collateral Ligament Healing in a Rat Model." Clin Orthop 1999 Mar; (360):238-42.
- Buterbaugh G.A., Brown T.R., Horn P.C., "Ulnar-Sided Wrist Pain in Athletes." Clin Sports Med, 1998 Jul; 17(3):567-83
- Horn, P. "Prosthetic History, Prosthetic Charges, and Functional Outcome of the Isolated Below-Knee Amputee." Journal of Trauma, 1995; 38:44-47