This position is responsible for providing support with the daily activities of the Surgery Center including organizing/filing of patient charts, telephone coverage, patient registration, scheduling, and providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Calls to notify patients of surgery check-in times.
- Greets, checks-in, and directs patients, families, vendors, and visitors to appropriate locations.
- Answers incoming telephone lines and either responds to inquiry, or directs caller to appropriate personnel.
- Communicate with surgery scheduler and nursing staff regarding schedules, billing slips and pre op calls. Back-up to Surgery Scheduler when needed.
- Organizes and maintains a filing system for patient charts. Includes generating charts, breaking down charts, filing charts, scanning and importing documents, and working within the electronic medical record.
- Print patient orders, H&Ps, consent forms and surgery estimates.
- Performs various administrative and office work such as maintaining proper supply of office forms, brochures and supplies, updating shared calendars, sorting, distributing and sending mail/faxes to the appropriate people/locations, maintaining coffee for patients, maintaining order and cleanliness of office, etc.
- General support for all departments in surgery center as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
Education/Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one (1) year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in a medical office strongly preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: No certificates or licenses needed.
Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists offers competitive compensation, great health benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, continuing education and many other useful supplemental benefits.