Martin Janout, M.D.
Dr. Janout is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon, specializing surgery of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder. He has a special emphasis in treating hand, shoulder, wrist, and elbow conditions, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, DeQuervain's tendonitis (medically referred to as tendinitis), and elbow arthroscopy, as well as shoulder and elbow joint replacement. He also treats pediatric patients for congenital hand conditions at Shriners Hospital for Children in Spokane. Dr. Janout has been practicing at Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists since 2007.
After completing his Bachelor of Arts in Biology at Carroll College in Helena, Montana, Dr. Janout went on to receive his medical degree at Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha, Nebraska. Following medical school, he underwent orthopaedic surgery residencies at Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, Michigan, and Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine in Dayton, Ohio. Upon completing his residency programs, Dr. Janout finished his hand and upper extremity fellowship at Loma Linda University in Loma Linda, California.
Dr. Janout is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has a certificate of added qualification in hand surgery.
When he is not seeing patients for elbow, hand, shoulder, wrist, or trauma-related injuries, Dr. Janout likes spending time with his family and playing basketball, hockey, and tennis. He also enjoys cycling, hiking, and skiing.
Carroll College, Helena, MT, 1996
Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE, 2001
- Orthopedic Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital System, Detroit, MI, 2001 – 2003
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton, OH, 2003 - 2006
Hand and Upper Extremity, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA, 2006 – 2007
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2009, recertified 2017
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery, 2011, recertified 2017
- Basic Microsurgery Course 2006
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Spokane County Medical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital
- MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Providence Holy Family Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- Shriners Hospital for Children
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Hand, Wrist, Elbow, Shoulder, Trauma and Reconstruction, including Anatomic and Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Nerve Disorders
- Tendon Injuries
- Congenital Disorders/ Pediatric Hand, Wrist, and Elbow Surgery
- General Orthopaedics
- Trauma & Fracture Surgery
- "Comparison of outcomes using anatomic and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty." Bull Hosp Jt Dis, 2013
- "Revision of the loose glenoid component in anatomic total shoulder arthroplasty." Bull Hosp Jt Dis, 2013
- "Advantages and disadvantages of ceramic on ceramic total hip arthroplasty: a review." Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub, 2012
- "Fatty Infiltration of the Gastrocsoleus After Tendo-Achilles Lengthening and Gastrocnemius Recession in a Rabbit Model". Foot & Ankle International, 2009