Kurt Stoll, M.D.
- Office: Downtown Spokane Clinic
- Fax: 509-624-9179
Dr. Kurt Stoll is an orthopaedic surgeon, fellowship trained in shoulder and elbow surgery. He specializes in shoulder replacements including revision cases, complex elbow cases, rotator cuff tears, shoulder instability, orthopedic trauma surgery, and general orthopedics. He completed training with world experts in shoulder and elbow surgery. Dr. Stoll began practicing with Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in 2022.
After completing his Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology at the University of Montana in Missoula, Montana, Dr. Stoll went on to obtain his medical degree from the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle, Washington. He then completed his residency training in orthopedic surgery at the University of North Carolina Hospital in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Following his residency, Dr. Stoll completed advanced training in shoulder and elbow at the Rothman Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Stoll grew up in Sandpoint, Idaho and enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, skiing, and enjoying the Inland Northwest.
Dr. Stoll's Patient Reviews & Testimonials on Google
University of Montana, Missoula, MT 2008-2011
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 2012-2016
Orthopaedic Surgery, University of North Carolina Hospital, Chapel Hill, NC 2016-2021
Rothman Orthopaedic Institute Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 2021-2022
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital
- MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- Providence Holy Family Hospital
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons- Fellow Member
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Shoulder pathology
- Elbow pathology
- Shoulder and elbow replacements
- Rotator cuff repairs
- Shoulder labral repairs
- Complex shoulder instability
- Biceps/Triceps ruptures
- AC Separations
- Fractures of the upper extremity
- Sports injuries to the shoulder and elbow
- 2022 Joyce CD, Patel MS, Stoll K.E., Singh AM, Stone MA, Horneff JG, et al. Fixed Versus Variable Angle Humeral Neck Cut in Anatomic Total Shoulder Arthroplasty: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Shoulder Elb Surg.
- 2022 Stoll K.E., Hendy B, Brown T, Cohen N, Lee TQ, Namdari S, et al. Arthroscopically Assisted Acromioclavicular and Coracoclavicular Reconstruction with a Looped Braided Polyester Suture Band and Buckle Device. Arthrosc Techniques.
- 2021 Narayanan A.S., Stoll K.E., Pratson L.F., Lin F-C., Olcott C.W., Gaizo D.J.D. Musculoskeletal Health Literacy is Associated with Outcome and Satisfaction of Total Knee Arthroplasty. Journal of Arthroplasty.
- 2020 Stoll K.E. & Garrigues G.E. “Elbow Injuries in Basketball.” The Basketball Sports Medicine and Science Book. Edited by L. Laver, B. Kocaoglu, J. Bytomski, B. Cole, A. J. Arundale, A. Amendola. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2020, pp. 281-291.
- 2020 Stoll, K.E., Marchwiany, D.A., Cavanaugh, D.L., Deol, G.S. Resident’s Guide to Spine: A Procedural Guide to Surgical Excellence. Lateral approaches to L3-4, L4-L5, pp. 163-170. Springer.
- 2019 Stoll, K.E., Allen, A.D., Perry, J.P., Hahn, J.C., Ostrum, R.F. Determining High Risk Opioid Use in Orthopaedic Trauma Patients.
- 2015 Stoll, K. E., Miles, J. D., White, J. K., Punt, S. E. W., Conrad, E. U., & Ching, R. P. Assessment of registration accuracy during computer-aided oncologic limb-salvage surgery. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery.
- 2014 Yi, F., Ball, J., Stoll, K.E., Satpute, V. C., Mitchell, S. M., Pauli, J. L., et al. Direct excitation of parvalbumin-positive interneurons by M1 muscarinic acetylcholine receptors. The Journal of Physiology.
- 2014 Yi, F., DeCan, E., Stoll, K.E., Marceau, E., Deisseroth, K., & Lawrence, J. J. Muscarinic excitation of parvalbumin-positive interneurons contributes to the severity of pilocarpine-induced seizures. Epilepsia.