Joshua D. Dawley, M.D.
Dr. Dawley is an anesthesiologist who is also fellowship-trained in interventional pain management. He specializes in all aspects of chronic pain management, including epidural steroid injections, facet denervation, spinal cord stimulation, peripheral nerve blocks, sympathetic nerve blocks, and almost all other chronic pain procedures. Dr. Dawley began practicing at Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in 2008.
After completing his Bachelor of Arts degree in Integrative Biology at the University of California, Berkeley, Dr. Dawley went on to receive his medical degree at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. Following medical school, he underwent an internship at Deaconess Hospital in Spokane, Washington. Upon completion of his internship, Dr. Dawley returned to the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine to complete his anesthesiology residency and pain medicine fellowship.
Dr. Dawley is certified in anesthesiology and pain medicine by The American Board of Anesthesiology.
Outside of his work at Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists, Dr. Dawley enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, triathlons, snowboarding, and kayaking.
University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, 1999
University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA, 2003
Deaconess Medical Center, Spokane, WA, 2004
Anesthesiology, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA, 2004 - 2007
Pain Medicine, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA, 2007 - 2008
- American Board of Anesthesiology - Certified in Pain Management, 2009
- American Board of Anesthesiology - Certified in Anesthesiology, 2008
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Medical Association
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- Washington State Society of Anesthesiologists
Surgery Center Affiliation
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Chronic Pain Management
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Implantable Intrathecal Infusion Pumps
- Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anesthesia
- Post-Laminectomy Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Postoperative Pain
- "The effect of intra-arterial steroids on the rodent brain", 2006-2008; VA/UCSD Center for Pain and Palliative Medicine
- "Analysis of safety and efficacy of pulsed radiofrequency neurotomy", 2002; UCSD Center for Pain and Palliative Medicine
“Dr Josh Dawley and his staff are truly exceptional. They treat you like family!!” — Daryl N.
“Dr. Dawley and his staff are outstanding! Everything was explained in detail and all of my questions were answered. Everyone was very caring and every effort was made to make me as comfortable as possible. Thank you Dr. Dawley and your entire staff for the wonderful care.” — John P.
“Dr. Dawley and the entire staff are just wonderful! From checking in at the front desk, through the prep process, the procedure itself, and afterwards when they bring me a hot cup of tea, plus the free parking, it's all just a pleasure — even though you're there for a medical procedure. Highly recommend.” — Christine D.
“Dr. Dawley has done an excellent job for me and I greatly trust him.” — Eleanor D.
“Dr. Dawley treats his patients with respect and takes the time to talk with you before the procedure. I feel very fortunate to have him for my doctor. Thank you, Dr. Dawley for being one of the best!” — Victoria R.