Joshua D. Dawley, M.D.
Dr. Dawley is an anesthesiologist who is also fellowship-trained in interventional pain management. He specializes in all aspects of chronic pain management, including epidural steroid injections, facet denervation, spinal cord stimulation, peripheral nerve blocks, sympathetic nerve blocks, and almost all other chronic pain procedures. Dr. Dawley began practicing at Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in 2008.
After completing his Bachelor of Arts degree in Integrative Biology at the University of California, Berkeley, Dr. Dawley went on to receive his medical degree at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. Following medical school, he underwent an internship at Deaconess Hospital in Spokane, Washington. Upon completion of his internship, Dr. Dawley returned to the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine to complete his anesthesiology residency and pain medicine fellowship.
Dr. Dawley is certified in anesthesiology and pain medicine by The American Board of Anesthesiology.
Outside of his work at Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists, Dr. Dawley enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, triathlons, snowboarding, and kayaking.
University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, 1999
University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA, 2003
Deaconess Medical Center, Spokane, WA, 2004
Anesthesiology, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA, 2004 - 2007
Pain Medicine, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA, 2007 - 2008
- American Board of Anesthesiology - Certified in Pain Management, 2009
- American Board of Anesthesiology - Certified in Anesthesiology, 2008
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Medical Association
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- Washington State Society of Anesthesiologists
Surgery Center Affiliation
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Chronic Pain Management
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Implantable Intrathecal Infusion Pumps
- Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anesthesia
- Post-Laminectomy Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Postoperative Pain
- "The effect of intra-arterial steroids on the rodent brain", 2006-2008; VA/UCSD Center for Pain and Palliative Medicine
- "Analysis of safety and efficacy of pulsed radiofrequency neurotomy", 2002; UCSD Center for Pain and Palliative Medicine