Every year, doctors on the Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists Community Service Committee and its CFO meet to direct contributions from the group to local organizations and a range of community-based initiatives in our service area. This year’s contributions included:
Spokane Parks Foundation
- Splash for Kids scholarships to community pools for children and families who cannot afford the fees to swim. “Please thank all your physicians and management team for making this generous gift. You made a difference in their summer and in their lives."
Arthritis Foundation - Jingle Bell Run
- “Thank you for the very generous donation to the Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation, serving Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. On behalf of the 46 million Americans facing the daily challenges of arthritis, I would like to thank Northwest Orthopedic Specialists for the donation as sponsor of the Jingle Bell Run and Walk in Spokane."
Ronald McDonald House - Polo Charity Tournament Fundraiser
- “Thank you for attending the annual 'Cobra Roofing Polo Classic' benefiting the Ronald McDonald House of Spokane. Thank you again for your generous support and for helping us provide an oasis to families in their times of need.”
Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- Matches all employee donations during the month of October.
Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery
- “Thank you for your recent gift. Your generosity will help continue to provide love and support to Spokane area children and families who struggle with crisis on a daily basis."
Spokesman Review Christmas Fund
- “We would like to extend our thanks for your kindness and generosity and for contributing to the organizations listed below through the Spokesman Review Christmas Fund. Your donation will help the Christmas Fund provide food vouchers and gifts to assist many families within our community”.